Wednesday, June 10, 2009

bad day!!!

Today was a really bad day. I had a page written about how bad it was, but I decided I don't want to put that out into the cosmos anymore. I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow so that I can have a recovery day even though I had the last two days off...today kicked me in the behind!


On the bright side A and I cleaned out the garage and A moved the boxes I want to be donated all to the garage in one corner so if we ever get our hands on a truck for a few hours we can quickly move it all out. Our garage was DIRTY and it still is but A swept it out, I guess that's what we get for the garage being on a dirt alley!


I also picked up the living room, which took all of 10 minutes but still it feels good. I need to fold some laundry (a load in the dryer right now and one sitting on the couch. I wish I wanted to do it right now to get it done with but instead I want to sit here and mope a little more. I am really excited to say that since last weeks mad cleaning spree, the living room, the bathroom, and R's room have STAYED clean! Write it down in the history book!! I actually think that if I just got the kitchen and bedroom clean and kept this up I'd be good! The house would stay clean. I hope?


We went to the doctor today too...A asked about my water breaking again, that's how labor started with R and it was 7 hours start to finish with her, one hour of pushing. She said "well it's not very likely in the first place but since it happened your first time, it's more likely to happen again" OK then I said "I think I am more concerned about it NOT breaking since that was such an obvious start to labor" so then we talked about how long it took for contractions to start and how now that this is my second time it will be more obvious to me. Then, this is what got me surprised, she said "If your water breaks...come strait in, and if not, when contractions are 7-8 minutes apart get in here!" I asked about the 5 minute rule that we usually hear about and she said "with second babies coming faster and especially with your history of fast labor I want you here earlier rather than later" So much for laboring at home as long as possible.


in craft news:

-my needlepoint is MIA (BUMMER!)

-I got the last two blocks for the JoAnns BOTM and need to figure out how to applique for those four blocks and I need to make the two new ones plus one that I have on the desk now. I just don't want to iron. Silly isn't it? I just don't want to iron so I wont sew! Maybe tomorrow

-I spent my fun money from my mom on new car seats....I wanted to spend it on fabric for my dress or for a new quilt project or something else! I need to get some batting too!


so basically, nothing is happening here but maybe I will get over that iron hurdle or my taxes will come back so I can go to the store =)

1 comment:

Alf and Lily Creations said...

Yes I agree with Dr, subsequent labours are almost always quicker, Rachel was 8 h ours, Aubs 3 hours, Riley 24 mins ( I kid you not!) and Connor got stuck so I had an crash c-section....but you get the drift. I think the 2nd, 3rd time you are more in tune with your body and you know when its ready.
I tidy and the boys follow behind untidying...its a never ending circle!