Tuesday, February 12, 2008

traveling

We are on the countdown. I can’t wait until Friday! Last night was the first time A commented on his wishing he could go with R and I to see my parents and how he’s sad we are leaving him, even if it is for a long weekend. R and I did this last year and it was great! At the time A and I were in a rough spot and it gave him a little taste of what life would be like without us, we came back and he was so glad! This year while we have been having normal little spats and stress (what young couple doesn’t?) it’s going to be hard on him, and to see me so excited to get out of town and to see my family makes it harder.

We are going to go to wallyworld today and A will pick out a little care package for the airplane for R. Some snacks, some things to play with, maybe a special book or something. I wish we could take juice boxes on planes, but no, thanks to those bad guys. I am slightly worried about flying with a toddler, but not too badly, she’s such a good girl. Last time we flew she was only about 8 or 9 months and was entertain able for a while, this time I will need more tricks up my sleeves.

Work is…well confusing lately. I don’t know if I am transferring or not, I don’t know when it I am, I don’t know anything at this point and I am a little baffled. I guess it’s good that I don’t mind rolling along with the punches. There’s a lot of change happening to, and some of it is overwhelming. It’s hard to communicate to everyone too. I know in the long term things will be great, it’s just hard to focus on that line out there when you are living in the here and now.

No comments: