Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Arts

I was watching the top 100 one hit wonders or something like that on VH1. I will never be a musician, but boy do I like to look at them. There’s something about them, their passion, their drive, but I’m glad I don’t have to deal with the rehab and drugs that seems to come along with the musical world. I am not someone who is passionate about music, I just enjoy it.

Related to my TV watching (which I’ll admit I do too much of when R’s down for a nap) My favorite show is Ace of Cakes. Each time I watch that show I wish that I could learn how to decorate cakes. When I can I also watch the Food Network challenges related to cakes and sweets. I don’t think I have the patience nor the eye for being a professional cake decorator, but I would love to learn how to do it. I’d like to take a class in cake decorating, and see if I get as much enjoyment out of it like I imagine I will. Then maybe I will go on to learn more. I’d enjoy being able to decorate cakes for my loved ones.

Yesterday as I was leaving work, I saw a woman with a notepad that said “quilt” on the top. As some of you amy remember, I love quilting, but am not strong at it yet. I have finished…four or five quilts so far. One of them was for one of my good friend’s daughter’s transition to her Big Girl Bed! I need to get on it and make R one for her big girl bed which I think we will be transitioning into soon. Anyways, back to the story here, the woman I ran into is a member of a local quilters guild. I didn’t know there was one here. She said the women in it are all about her age (50 maybe) but there are a few younger. She invited me to their meeting and gave me her phone number. I think I am going to try and go…see what it’s like. The dues are only $20 a year and they donate most of their quilts to local charities. She did tell me that the women there have so much knowledge which is why I am really intrigued. I have so much of this art to learn!

No comments: