Sunday, May 11, 2008

my mothers day!

Today on msn.com, my home page of choice, there were quotes from famous people on being a mother, these two stood out to me:
“We are together, my child and I. Mother and child, yes, but sisters really, against whatever denies us all that we are.”-- Alice Walker (1944- ), American author and poet.
“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.”-- Erma Bombeck (1927-1996), American newspaper columnist and author.
While I don’t have any profound words on motherhood, I do know that it’s the best, most challenging, most rewarding job I have had or could imagine having. I also think that it’s the one I would most like a vacation from at times, but when I am free of the munchkin, I miss her. Even when she goes out with Daddy on a date or something, I long for her companionship.

I either have really bad allergies or a cold, or both since no meds are making me feel better. I don’t like it one bit!! But other than that things are going really well for me. I will have to do an update later about things that are happening, but for now, I Am going to go enjoy my daughter and my day!

No comments: