Monday, August 25, 2008

plans

After so much time thinking babies, I am moving onto my other passion again, those lovely quilts. I have figured out how I want to quilt that bright green and yellow quilt. Thus far I have only done “stitch in the ditch”, which has worked well for all the quilts I have done. I have one tie-quilting, and one with sewn on buttons. But for that quilt I am going to outline quilt the pattern. That way it will be a simple basic quilting skill, but something new and with a quilt that doesn’t have strait seams the whole way along it will be nice. I will probably do it in yellow thread but I keep thinking black would look cool too. The backing is going to be this nice yellow sweatshirt material. Who would have thought? It was given to me by one of my regulars at work. She actually gave me a whole bunch of fabric, most of which I will never use, but some will be used in ways that were never expected.

Several of the co-workers I got close to this summer are returning to collages. I am sad to see them go, but I know how much fun I had in school and how much I want to go back myself. I made an offer to each of them that when they come home for a break, to have dinner with me. I also offered to send them cookies and care packages, or even just cards when they need something to cheer them up, or just because. I asked them to tell me when they are having big tests, and give me their addresses. I can’t wait to send off the first package, with cookies and a card, and maybe something else. I don’t know but I can’t wait. These two young ladies really touched me and I am excited to see where they go!

No comments: