Friday, October 01, 2010

sewing again!

well, it's been an age and a half since I have posted anything. Honestly, nothing much to tell. R's loving preschool, H just cut four molars sometime between bed Weds night and this afternoon (totally explains why she was crying over EVERYTHING!) and A is still driving me up a wall and slacking on house chores. Such a man! (well, young man I guess!)

The good news is I have finally been sewing again! I quilted a little thing, it was like an over sized four patch turned doll blanket for R's "baby" who was having a birthday and needed a quilt for her "big girl bed" so I obliged. Apparently I just needed a little something to get over my hurdle. I quilted another little doll quilt from mistake blocks for the block lotto from a few months ago, then I quilted R's HUGE dora quilt. I meant to make it twin size but when I laid it out on my bed 1/2 way through quilting to roll the other sides in, well I think it's almost as big as my comforter on my queen bed. Oh well! I need to go get some binding fabric for it next week when I get my tip money and then work on the binding.

I also quilted two lost blocks for Joanne's wall. one if for a BOTM that I was trying to do at my LQS before A lost his job two years ago and I wasn't able to finish. The other was a block that didn't fit into a quilt I made. I was going to make a little pillow with it but it's sat for over a year and I never worked on it, either buying a pillow or making the rest of a case for it so what the heck? She wants it I'll give it to her!

I am sorry I don't have pictures, my aunt is loaning her old camera to me so it should be here in a few days. I guess technology and I don't get along!

oh, have you been seeing all these give aways? I am almost dizzy there are so many going on right now! Shesh!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I've made a twin that turned into a queen...my math wasn't so good, so I called it a tween-size. Not like the tween that's a pre-teen, but like somewhere between a twin and a queen. R will love it being too big because she can snuggle under it all the better.

I hope the camera comes soon - I love seeing photos of what everyone is working on! And I'm glad to see you're working on projects again. I've been in that rut too and realized, just as you have, that sometimes you just have to force yourself to start something and then it just flows.

Barb said...

Glad you are sewing again...feels good doesn't it?

a good yarn said...

It does feel good, doesn't it? Sounds like just the kick start you needed. A couple of quick to finish projects seem to give you the impetus to tackle larger ones. Ann :-)

Unknown said...

Glad you got to sewing again;) Hope to see picures soon;)
Happy Quilting!!

Beth said...

Happy sewing. Glad you are back at it. I have been in a little slump myself. hopefully some handwork will get me going again.
Glad a camera is on the way.