Wednesday, June 11, 2008

vacation!

Alright, after trying twice to write this and having the computer crash or something…freeze up mostly, here I go again while antivirus is running. I think it’s just been on too long, but grrr.
Anyways. I have been meaning to update my blog for a while now. We were just on vacation visiting my family and while I had ample time to write, I just felt weird doing so on my parents computer. Why, I don’t know but I did. We had fun with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend (who I ADORE!) as well as a few days with my moms parents, and two of her sisters. I love my extended family and wish I could spend more time with them. Nana and Pop-pop especially have such great stories to listen to and learn from.

While we were out there, we had a lot of celebrations. The first was my brothers high school graduation. Secondly, R’s second birthday! (I will post more on that later, once I get some pictures of her opening presents my aunt took pics of her.) then we celebrated my dads parents 50th anniversary at their church. Lastly, it was my moms parents 57th anniversary the day they left, but we didn’t have time to do anything too special, just send them to the airport with cards.

While out there, I again was caught up in the quilting bug. I flipped through the stack of quilting magazines my mom had (that I could find) and made copies of the quilts I like. I also semi “raided” her fabric stash. Really I was looking for my parts of a quilt we started together, but I couldn’t find it. I will have to take some time and look up the pattern again, or plan a trip to help her clean up my old bedroom (AGAIN) and the storage room (dumping room, which my bedroom is becoming) and see if we can find the fabric and parts.

Something I noticed that she has a problem with is projects. She has several quilts almost finished, a bunch more in various stages of progress and even more that aren’t even started but the fabric is purchased for. I made a commitment to myself that I will work on one quilt start to finish so I don’t have that problem. I will admit at this moment I have two projects going on. One almost finished, the other I just cut the fabric. Reason for this exception, I didn’t have the car today and I am out of thread for the first one. I will finish it before I sew more.

Speaking of projects, I need to track my commitments to projects in their appropriate order:
1) R’s quilt (just finishing)
2) R’s playmates quilt (cut fabric for)
3) Aunt J’s quilt (need to see if I have enough fabric for the size she wants, but do what I have enough for)
4) A’s quilt (buy fabric for this one and 5’s at the same time…same theme)
5) My friend A’s son’s quilt (and she’s going to make one at the same time just a different pattern)
6) A’s sisters quilt…she doesn’t know about it yet, and A hasn’t picked out a pattern yet or colors but he liked the thought of us doing this for her) maybe for Christmas, or her birthday.
7) I have one pattern I like and another I’d like to find but have seen (if anyone has the McCall’s Quilting, April 2005 it’s the cover quilt!) as a gift to A and I for our wedding
8) Something with Dora for R…and/or a bigger quilt for her bigger bed
9) The missing quilt….Gypsy Dancer

Phew! I had more than I thought I did on my list, I am glad I wrote it out!!

No comments: