Tuesday, September 23, 2008

IDEA!

Here’s an idea for someone who is more technologically savy and more creative than I…maybe I should keep this idea for myself but I want to share and see if someone can come up with something:
A computer program or website where one could enter how much fabric of a certain color or pattern they have in their stash and the level of skill/difficulty they are interested in working within and could have a few options for quilt patterns. I have a young but still lovely stash that I am excited to see how I work through at some point. I have a few people who have given up sewing for whatever reason and have passed down their stashes (mom….please? Someday? No, she’s too much of a quilters still, but I love to raid her stash anyways) and I don’t know what to do with some of the things. I am still at the collecting point but still, I’d love to see something like this available. I guess it would work best if you could scan in a swatch or something of your fabric with detailed description being a second choice but then it could arrange the colors for you so you could imagine what it would look like. I know there’s a lot of software for how to design your own quilts, but I don’t think any of them work backwards where you say what you have, what can I make…most are you can make this if you have/get these.
Just a little idea

No comments: