Wednesday, April 30, 2008

random thoughts

I have hit a wall. A has not called my parents and asked their permission. I have the ring on, but I have not been asked….we are just so backwards here. I don’t want to start planning or asking mom and dad about their help and what not until he talks to them…but I want to get this show on the road. I have been playing around on the knot.com and have a notebook with some scratched down ideas, but I can’t decide anything right now. I know once I begin making decisions and crossing thigns off my list I will have more fun, but this place I am in is between imaginary and real. You know in high school when you were planning your dream wedding to your high school sweetheart, because of course things were going to last forever and money was not the issue. I have the date, but I want the location (other than “back home”) and things like that so I can begin this process. I want to start early so I don’t do what my friend K is going through with “We should have just eloped, there’s not enough time to do all that I want to do! I am getting extra charges for short notice” etc. I want to take my time and enjoy the process. COME ON A!! LET’S GO!!!

I have been thinking of all of R’s words and there’s at least a dozen I forgot on the last post so here are some more (and mind you I am sure I am still forgetting some but trying not to duplicate):
Potty (but she hasn’t put the idea of sitting on the potty and going potty together, she will tell me potty when she wants to sit on it for a minute at the most and potty when she goes in her pull up, so we are making progress!)
Butt (belly button)
Feet
Down
Up (thought she only says that after prompting, she days down for both up and down hehe)!
Phone
Hot! (usually around the oven whether we are cooking or not)
Hat
Nana
Papa
Aunt Jackie
Choo-choo
Don’t
That’s all I can think of for now, but I know she will say either a new one or something that I forgot to write.

I am excited to have Friday and Saturday off, so I am looking forward to it. I need to do some housework and hopefully can finish R’s quilt top (I really don’t like it though and I cut some of the strips wrong aso things aernt lining up quite right and I have been rushing to finish it. It’s just her toddler bed so I will work on her Twin size soon enough but I wish I had slowed down (and not let A’s mom influence my fabric shopping, I REALLY don’t like a few of them for a toddler girl!) c’est la vie!

No comments: