Tuesday, April 22, 2008

words

I thought I should take a moment and reflect on R’s development for the moment. Really I want to jot down her words before her vocabulary explodes like I anticipate it doing. In fact, at Starbucks the other day we were having a “girl time” date and the ladies next to us (who really commented a lot on R and how well behaved she was and how confident she seamed to be) said something along the lines of “she’s playing with language and all of a sudden you will see in a month or two she’ll be really talking!” I am excited and dread that day at the same time. So here are her words for now:
Mom-Mom
Mommy
Daddy
Da-Dad
Duckie
Doggie
All-done
No
Yes
Yeah
Hi
Thank you
Please
SHHHH
Shoes
Let’s go!
Ready
Eat
Wa-wa
Bubye
Love you
Night Night
Book
Bear
Baby
Ohhh
Oh no!
Honk honk (how we blow noses in my house)
Shower
Yogurt
Socks
Dora
One
Two
Three
WE!
Juice
Ball
Chips
Cookies
Fishies (both real flish and Goldfish snacks)
I think that’s all for now, but I am sure tomorrow there will be more. I am loving this stage!

No comments: