Monday, January 09, 2012

little facts

merry late Christmas, happy new year, and um...anything else I missed!

Not much to report around here. I am almost done with my Halloween quilt, and I found some of the fabric I want. Just not the green, but I think I can live without it if I have to. I will keep looking until the last possible moment, but I can be happy with what I have.

I am working on editing the patterns I want to make the girls quilts with. I "need" some of Moda's Porcelain Bella Solids, but don't want to buy anything else. I will keep that on the back burner until some of my other projects are finished to see if I have enough tip money saved up, and can sneak it into the house. =) I could use white, I have a bolt of Moda Bella White, but it's just off enough it would bother me. Most likely no one else, but me.

Next week we will be applying for Kindergarten for R and Preschool 1 for H! WAHOO!!!

I don't know if I shared the whole fiasco with my Child Care Assistance, but basically I was kicked out of the program because I didn't have an active child support case against A going (or receiving support) and I passed my 30 day period. The next week (so like 36 days) I got my letter saying my case is now "active" and I filled out a TON of paperwork, so I have been calling all morning to get back on the wait list for Support, but keep getting "all circuits are busy now, please call again later, good bye." and the one time I got through I was disconnected. How frustrating. But it'll work out in the end!

I joined the quilters group at my church. I am 30-35 years younger than the youngest member of the group. I was expecting that. They were not expecting me. But I think it will be good. I will learn some things, I will share youth and energy and interest. They will know the art is not dying out with their fellow quilters....I am excited about it!

I also joined the churches prayer line and am trying to make it to a pray and play group with H. Darn work keeps getting in the way.

R is in swim lessons. She loves it. It's about time she joined too! 5 1/2 and never before been in swim lessons! SHESH!

H has so many words, loves puzzles, is so stinkin' smart it kills me sometimes. She looks so sweet and Innocent and little, then you turn your back and she's gotten into something she couldn't possibly been able to get into and you can't help but laugh!


AS for PHD/WIP's for me....I just want to work on the list I started last year and never got to finishing since the move and I am still not in my "own" space. It's hard to haul everything to my friends house, set up, sew, make sure the kids are playing nicely, eat, stop fights, pack everything up and then go home. But you do what you've got to do!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

Happy New Year Lisa! Not surprisingly, you have a busy life so don't fret the little stuff. Those girls are sprouting so fast. Is R really 5 1/2? That didn't take long at all. If you like you can join me - I'm working on last year's list too. Maybe I should start a group for that! ann :-)

Katie said...

It sounds like you've settled right in to your new home, even if it's not entirely yours, and you're unravelling one problem after another and solving them. The quilting group at your church sounds wonderful and it WILL be good for both you and the other members. I am also often one of the youngest quilters in a group like that, but enjoy blogland because many of the blogging quilters are much closer to my age. I hope soon you'll be able to share photos of what you're working on because it sounds interesting!

Beth said...

Happy New year! I hope 2012 is good for you and the girls. I have not forgotten about the info for you, my goal is to get it in the mail this Friday. I am still recovering from the holidays. ;)
I hope all the child care issues get worked out for you.