Monday, November 16, 2009

(please note I started this a few days ago!)

it's just past 10:30pm. Both girls are down, and I am still up! R woke me up at 5am...5...on a morning I didn't have to open. Ughhh!!! She got one of the flu mist boosters and we have to go back in 30 days for the other one. H has an apointment in about a month, so I am going to call tomorrow or thurs (my two easy or off days from work) and see if I can squeese R in at the same time.



So as I was waiting to go to bed, making sure both girls were really down (yup, R came out for water but fell asleep before I delivered it moments after she asked for it. silly girl!) I was quilting the Gobble Gobble top. I didn't win. Bummer. All three winners had more pumpkin patch themed quilts, a lot more applique which I am not liking yet. This was my first attempt at it and I need some help, and they had a lot more detail. In fact all three looked mighty similar if you ask me, but I think I am just being a sore beginner loser. you can see every one's entry's here. I ran out of bobbin thread and only have the outside border to do, so decided to call it a night even though I really want to finish.

I was hopping around on both those blog hops and now have a new pattern I ordered from Crazy Old Ladies (who are neither crazy nor old) and a new Christmas gift that I am making....FOUR of! it's a little wall hanging. Out the window went my constitution for only making quilts I would USE and would warm me....it'll insulate the house right? That's useful!

Quickly a Little give away here: http://sewtakeahike.typepad.com/fleamarketfancyfreaks/ Bummer, the picture was supposed to come too...I guess I need to work on my blog skills.

remind me sometime to tell you about my design ideas, but for the moment this has been sitting unposted for long enough! I will share more soon! =)

1 comment:

Thearica said...

Good morning from North Carolina! Just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of my Thanksgiving Blog Giveaway!! Please email me with your mailing info...Congratulations!!

p.s. I am late in announcing...I came home from a birthday trip to the mountains with the flu...yuck...