Sunday, July 27, 2008

my weekend

Today R and I ran a bunch of errands. We were trying to find some clothes for the Relay For Life that is happening next weekend. The theme is Rodeo, which is awesome since we are in the great state we are in, but it’s hard too. Not very many places cater to that theme, especially not in a town that wants to become more city-like and more sophisticated than it really is. We went to the three department stores (Macys, Penny’s, and Dillard’s) We also went to Target, and just because what rodeo ensemble would be set without cowboy boots (especially on a two year olds feet, how cute would that be?) a shoe store. No luck, but in Vanity (a trendy teeny-bopper/college kid store) I did score a new pair of work pants and a cute tank. They did have a few shirts that might do, but were a little expensive and I want to keep looking for something less expensive and see if I can find something I would wear just for fun too. Tomorrow, or sometime soon, we will hit up the second hand stores and Ross, maybe Wal-Mart (although we always walk out with more than we need from there and I always feel guilty buying there!)

This weekend was the local fair, and we had a blast. A and I took R to it, and I wanted to show her the animals, but it was so hot, and so crowded (well for where we are and for a two year old without a stroller.) She went on a few rides all by herself. She is not her mothers daughter, though I guess my mom said that she takes after her grandfather. She LOVED the roller coaster (I tried to go on it with her, but she is too independent and had fun) and the little cars driving around in circles. She also went on the ferris wheel with A (I am terrified of heights, my heart stopped each time they went up!) A said she let go at the top and she waved at me a lot. She and I went on the carousel and she didn’t want me to hold her once we got going (the first few times around she was ok with it, but once she knew she’d go up and down and we would go around she was fine!) I have such a brave little girl.

I am worn out to the core, and wish I could take some vacation time. I have 43 hours or so, but I am trying to save it up for when we move/if we move with work. I might take a few hours of it and my personal day just so I can have a long weekend or something, but I am not sure. I have a semi-consistent schedule these next few weeks, where I have Friday and sat off for three weeks strait. If that doesn’t help I might take a few days off. I need to recharge my batteries, take care of my house and myself.

I am looking for a few quilt patterns, this is an open call to anyone who may have them, or knows where I might find them. Some of these are patterns I really like, others I have started, and a few I have bought fabric for and lost the pattern:
McCall’s Quilting-April 2005-Garden Path
American Patchwork Quilting-August 2004-Gypsy Dancer
Quilters World-February 2004-Butterfly Beauty
Quilters World-April 2003-A Walk Through the Garden; Ring Around the Rosy; Snug as a Bug; Chelsea Quilt Set

Any help trackign these down would be much appreciated!

No comments: